Sunday, September 26, 2010

Caffeine wean...

As much as I love coffee, I've been requested by the hubs to decrease my caffeine intake!  **Gulp!**  From his Google research, he found out that a Venti Starbucks Bold Coffee has ~ 500 mg caffeine.  The normal recommended maximum amount of caffeine intake is 300 mg.  I was drinking 2 maybe 3 Venti cups in a day!  Initially, hubs was trying to get me to cap at 200 mg, but a tall Starbucks coffee has ~285 mg, so obviously that was out of the question.  So 300 mg cap it is.  The first time I tried to wean a little while back, it was a disaster!  I cut back too much too quickly and had to go back to full caffeination.

Over the past 2 weeks, I've been drinking a Grande (16 oz) Starbucks coffee in a Venti cup (I needed to trick my mind).  So far, it's been going really well, I think one (hmm, maybe few)  more week of the grande and maybe I can even cut down to a tall coffee.  Every now and then I crave my afternoon coffee and post-dinner coffee, but I'm staying strong and will have a small decaf coffee if I really crave one. 

Hopefully, I'll be able to meet my goal max caffeine intake.  Will update with status reports here and there!

No comments:

Post a Comment