Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wedding Shoe(s)

As promised, I am sharing my wedding pics of my dress and shoes.  My hubby and I had a small wedding ceremony in May 2009 with the intention of having a vow renewal ceremony/reception a year later.  So for out first ceremony, I was on the hunt for a dress and shoes without breaking my budget considering we needed to start saving ASAP!  My dress was JCrew's Sophia gown in ivory and the shoes were JCrew's Fleur in marigold.




The dress was so comfortable and luckily the only alteration I needed was the hem. I wanted a color pop so i decided to go for the marigold-y yellow shoes with a matching bouquet. The shoes were very cute, but not as comfortable as I had hoped, they were slightly off  in fit where my arch of my foot was, but something that could have been rectified with some inserts.  I found the dress on Ebay and the shoes I scored from one of the weekly exchanges over at JCrew Aficionada's blog with a total cost of both under $100!
Fast forward eleven months (I really wanted to have the reception in May 2010, but wedding prices start to skyrocket at this point, so we opted for April instead).

I purchased this beautiful wedding gown from a wedding boutique that only sells sample dresses.  It's by Alfred Sung and the color was an ivory with a champagne undertone with a subtle floral print all over the dress.  Finding the perfect shoes were not easy! 
At first, I bought Me Too's Jeanette in Champagne on sale at Nordstrom's. Unfortunately, the champagne was a bit too dark for my dress and clashed slightly.  Then, by accident, I found THE shoes.  Christian Louboutin's Mauresmo in ivory chiffon and light champagne.

Normally, I'm used to wearing higher heeled shoes.  These shoes were maybe between 2.75 - 3 inches high.  However, they were really really comfortable!  I wore and danced in these all night!  These were my first pair of Louboutins and I am a fan!

What shoes did you wear on your wedding day?  Did you match your dress or did you wear colorful shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment